Austin Creative Reuse is looking for 2 part time clerks. Ready to join an amazing organization and work in a wonderland of a center.
Read more about the role below and submit your resume and tailored cover letter online to email@example.com.
Clerk-Part time ( 15-20 hrs per week)
Work week: AM and PM Shifts, weekdays and weekends
Possible schedule options: Shift 1 Wed-Sat: 9:30am-2:30pm ; Shift 2 Wed- Friday: 2:00pm to 8:30pm
Wage range: $11.00-$13.00 depending on experience
Reports to: Board President and Vice President
Who We Are
Austin Creative Reuse is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to foster conservation and reuse through creativity, education, and community building.
- We collect, distribute, and sell reusable materials donated from industry and individuals.
- We educate the community about how to reduce, reuse, and create in responsible and fun ways. We make instructional kits, have a library of design and art ideas, and share these online and in-store.
- We unite the community by hosting a range of events, activities, and classes that bring people together to build awareness around conscious consumption, sustainability, and art
- We promote awareness of like-minded organizations to reduce overlap and increase awareness of city resources.
What We Offer
- Fun, creative and collaborative environment that will give you great experience working in the non-profit industry and with a diverse volunteer population.
- Ability to expand role based on interest and skill set. This could include assisting with our social media efforts or at our workshops. There is also potential for advancement to an opening and closing center lead role.
What You’ll Bring
We are looking for amazing people with diverse backgrounds and a genuine passion for creativity and reuse. Our ideal candidates will be comfortable talking about crafting materials and dealing with pricing questions. We expect our clerks to:
- Be outstanding at customer service.
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, especially dealing with register.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks and work in an active non profit environment
- Previous customer service and cashier experience
- Basic knowledge of Point of Sales Systems and cash drawer reconciliation
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of email, Microsoft Office, and google drive
- Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
What You’ll Do
The Austin Creative Reuse Clerk is friendly, personable, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Austin Creative Reuse and our mission. This is a vital role as you will be the first and last contact for customers visiting the center. You will be greeting customers as they enter the center and helping customers check out quickly. An Austin Creative Reuse clerk will become familiar with center pricing and will use sound judgement to complete transactions. You will use Square to process credit sales and be able to handle money for cash sales. You will engage the customer about their experience in the center and let them know about making financial donations, future programs and events.
- Greet new customers and introduce them to the center.
- Main point person for the register and front of the center.
- Manage all aspects of customer transactions including making sure that transaction data is accurately entered into the cash register.
- Screen items brought in as drop-off donations; provide donation receipts; ensure that donations are recorded accurately in the donation log.
- Physical Requirements: Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment to and from backroom and sales floor. Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks. Bend down and reach above head. Climb and descend ladder. Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
The above is intended to describe the general content of the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online to firstname.lastname@example.org
We review applications on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible. We will not consider applications without a cover letter tailored to this position.
At Austin Creative Reuse, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. Austin Creative Reuse provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.