What: Austin Creative Reuse is hosting a materials drive for Austin educators: school teachers (public, private, charter), after school teachers, day care providers, etc. will be able to come and receive materials to use for projects in their classrooms and programs. See the materials we’re collecting below!
When: Sunday, February 24, 2013 from 10-4pm
Who: Anyone who has a positive impact on kids in our community is invited to the event.
Please only donate materials from the list below. This is a one day event and we will not be able to store left overs. We are strategically asking for the materials teachers identified as their top needs in an Austin Creative Reuse survey of Austin area educators in Fall 2012.
We will be accepting donations February 14-17th , 8am-8pm.
Please note that this is a private residence. We will have volunteers available on February 17th from 10am-4pm if you need assistance unloading materials. Otherwise, leave your donation on the front porch and fill out our sign in sheet, so we can calculate how many people donated during our drive.
Please help us collect the following materials to have available for educators at a temporary reuse event on February 24, 2013. Thank you so much for your support to Austin educators and Austin Creative Reuse!
- Paper Products (gently used printer paper, banner sheets, pads of paper, notebooks/composition books, construction paper, scrapbooking paper, paper samples, etc.)
- Used CD and DVD Cases
- Foam Core
- Egg Cartons
- Mailing Tubes
- Gift Wrap
- Ceramic Tiles
- Thin, Bendable Wire
- Paper Towel/Toilet Paper Rolls
- File Folders
- Small Containers (i.e. film canisters, tea or Altoid metal tins or tiny boxes, like jewelry boxes)
- Paint (no oil-based paint, please)
- Magazines (G to PG-Rated. Remember these are going to schools! Magazines that are photo/illustration heavy are preferred.)
We need volunteers to run a successful event during donation collection times, the actual event, and clean up.
Please sign up for shift at VolunteerSpot.